Monday, September 17, 2007

50 Cent and Kanye West Battle


So, if you haven't already heard of the Kanye West/50 Cent rap album battle, then you need to get out more.

Hardcore rapper 50 Cent and American record producer and rapper Kanye West have been building the anticipation for September 11th. No, not because of the terrorist attacks, but because on that day, they were both dropping there albums. Kanye was actually the one who changed his album release from Sept. 18 to the 11th. And when 50 Cent heard about this, he decided to have a popularity contest and have a little battle. He said he would quit his solo career if Kanye sold more albums than him. What is this, the third grade?

So Septemeber 11th has passed, and who is victorious? I would have to say Kanye West, well, in the UK at least. Click Here to read about how Kanye's album beat "Fiddy's". The US results are yet to be determined, but so far, Kanye is winning.

In my opinion, I'm ecstatic! I am glad that 50 tried to prove a point, and got his ass shut down. Don't get me wrong, he is VERY talented, and I love his music, but this little competition was so childish. And you don't mess with Kanye, because not only rap fans like his music, but living in a town of punk rockers, I noticed EVERYONE likes his music. Now excuse me while I go listen to "Graduation"

2 comments:

A. said...

hey guess what. kanye west and 50 cent both SUCK!

Jeff said...

I think that kanyes song stronger was his best and i think 50 had no good songs